Joy Ride by Sandro Miller
‘Joy Ride’. Film by Sandro Miller shot entirely on the D800.
For the behind the scenes footage, follow this link.
Nikon D800 (Nikon USA)
The much anticipated full-frame D800 has been announced by Nikon. There is not just one new camera but two. The difference between the D800 and the D800E is the absence of the optical low-pass filter on the D800E model. This in essence will give you a sharper final image but at the expense of moiré. It will be interesting to see how well the E model is going to be received by photographers.
Here are some quick specs:
- 36.3 megapixel 35.9 x 24mm CMOS sensor
- 7360 x 4912 pixel (L), 5520 x 3680 px (M), 3680 x 2456 px (S) resolution settings
- 4 fps (FX), 6 fps (DX)
- ISO 100 – 6400 (50 – 25600 in boost mode)
- Video format: MPEG-4, H.264
- Video resolution: 1920 x 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps). 1280 x 720 (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 640 x 424 (24 fps)
- 51-point multi-cam AF system (20% more sensitive compared to D700)
- 3,2 inch, 921,000-dot rear LCD
- In-camera HDR
- Automatic time-lapse
- CompactFlash Type 1 and SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots
- USB3.0, Type C mini-HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, PC sync, 10-pin remote socket
You can download the press release from Nikon USA by following this link: Nikon D800 & D800E Press Release.
Nikon D4 is announced. Here are some of the specs:
- 16.6 MP FX CMOS sensor (4928 x 3280 pixels)
- standard ISO range of 100 – 12,800 extendable to 50 – 204,800
- HD video capture at resolutions up to 1080p/29.97fps
- improved Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
- in-camera HDR (2 consecutive jpegs)
- auto timelapse movie creation
- dual card slots – CF and SONY QXD formats
- built-in voice memo mic
- built-in 100Base-T Ethernet wired networking
The D4 will be available in late February 2012 with a retail price of $5999.95.
Joe McNally’s quick review here.
Rob Galbraith’s overview here.
Adobe Lightroom 4 Beta is announced.
Here are some of the new features in version 4:
- improved video support
- video publishing to Flickr and Facebook
- new Map module
- new Book module
- new Shadow and Highlight controls
- simplified Basic Adjustments
- soft proofing
- additional local adjustments including noise reduction and white balance
For more info, please visit DP Review’s article here and Tom Hogarty’s Lightroom Journal here.
Fujifilm has announced the new rangefinder style mirrorless X-Pro 1 interchangeable lens camera. Here are the main features:
- 16 MP (4896 x 3264 pixels)
- APS-C sized X-Trans-CMOS sensor
- hybrid multi viewfinder
- Fujinon interchangeable XF Lens and F-Mounts
For more info, go to DP Review’s article here and FujiFilm’s page here.